MACIC Award: Outstanding Employer Internship Program
The Milwaukee Area College Internship Consortium – MACIC was established to foster collegiality and support professionals who work with internships in Wisconsin’s public, private, and technical colleges and universities, through educational forums and networking opportunities.
In an effort to honor employers and partners from business, industry, government and nonprofits who have distinguished themselves by developing quality internship programs within their organizations that incorporate internship best practices, MACIC has developed the following awards:
- Outstanding Internship Program: Large Employers
- Outstanding Internship Program: Small Employers (fewer than 100 employees)
- Outstanding Internship Program: Nonprofit/Public Sector
Each spring MACIC members nominate employer partners who distinguish themselves by developing quality internship programs.
- University Engagement: Employer proactively establishes relationships with colleges and universities through activities such as on-campus career fairs, classroom/campus organization presentations, advisory boards, etc.
- Structured Internship Experience: Employer provides a well-structured internship experience through activities that include providing interns with the opportunity to do work of a professional nature; establishing well-defined, measurable goals; providing constructive feedback through regular mentor/intern meetings; etc.
- Professional Development Opportunities: Employer provides opportunities for the intern to grow professionally through activities such as supporting intern attendance at meetings, workshops, and conferences; building opportunities for networking with other professionals; encouraging community engagement by providing opportunities to work with other employees on community-related projects; etc.
Awardees are recognized at the annual Celebrate Internships! Employer Appreciation Event and Internship Student Showcase.
MILWAUKEE AREA COLLEGES INTERNSHIP CONSORTIUM-ANNUAL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM AWARDS
|Center for Teaching Entrepreneurship
|Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
|Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin- Language Services
|GreenTree Community Learning Center
|Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation
|Walker’s Point Youth & Family Center
|BMO Harris Bank
|CHW – Clinical Navigation Program
|Milwaukee Center for Independence
|Oceans of Fun
|Waukesha County Business Alliance